At Willingdon, we believe that our worship venues are spaces for people to encounter Jesus. Our team of ushers helps sets the tone for an environment where everyone can express their immense joy in worshiping the Lord at our services. With a warm smile and a friendly hello, the ushers also ensure all visitors find an appropriate and comfortable seat that meets their needs. The ushers show God’s unconditional love to those around them as Christ has shown it to them.
Skills & Gifts:
- Friendly, cordial, and welcoming to everyone
- Has values of integrity and honesty
- Willing to serve and observant of the needs of others
- Able to ensure the health and safety of the congregation during emergencies
- Has wisdom and tact when answering questions and giving directions to others
- Sundays once or twice a month for a full shift
- Shifts start 45 min before service and end 15 minutes after. You will be actively helping people including latecomers throughout this time
- Helps with Special Events as they arise
If you are interested in joining our team, please
- Fill out the volunteer form in the link below.
- Select “First Impressions” as your area of ministry,
- Select “Ushers” as the area you would like to volunteer in and
- the volunteer ministry leader will contact you soon.
(Note: if you put in a different email than appears in your normal church profile, please confirm that email address in the Church Center confirmation email sent to your email inbox (Outlook, Mail App, Gmail etc.) to complete your form submission)
We are so grateful for your interest in serving with us!