What is Funeral and Memorial Services?
Our ministry offers grief support, pastoral counselling, and assistance with the planning and arrangement of memorial or funeral services. We want you to know that you are not alone as you grieve and make practical arrangements after the passing of a loved one.
Following the passing of your loved one, we will:
- Assist you in the planning of the memorial/funeral service.
- Assist in referrals to, and any dialogue with the funeral home of your choice, upon your request.
- Communicate with the funeral home of your choice as to the arrangements that you have made with them.
- Provide comfort/grief counselling at your request.
- Provide a Grief Recovery Support Group – GriefShare – sponsored and supported by Willingdon Church.
- Help you, with our events coordinator, to make decisions and answer questions regarding the use of rooms for the purpose of viewing the deceased, the family to gather privately before the service, the memorial/funeral service and the serving and cost of refreshments.
- Help coordinate with you a pianist, soloist, counselling and grief support, upon your request.
Planning a Memorial
To help you plan a memorial, we have prepared a downloadable Family History and Memorial Preparation Guide.