Memorials & Funerals
This ministry seeks to provide the compassion, love, guidance and the comfort of Jesus Christ after the death of a family member. We offer grief support, pastoral counseling, and assistance with the planning and arrangement of memorial or funeral services. We provide the use of a room, music, basic food services and support.
Following the death of your loved one, we will:
- Assist you in the planning of the memorial/funeral service.
- Assist in referrals to, and any dialogue with the funeral home of your choice, upon your request.
- Communicate with the funeral home of your choice as to the arrangements that you have made with them.
- Provide comfort/grief counseling at your request.
- Provide a Grief Recovery Support Group – GriefShare – sponsored and supported by Willingdon Church.
- Help you, with our events coordinator, to make decisions and answer questions regarding the use of rooms for the purpose of, viewing the deceased, the family to gather privately before the service, the memorial/funeral service and the serving and cost of refreshments.
- Help coordinate with you a pianist, soloist, counseling and grief support, upon your request.
To help you plan your memorial, we have prepared a Family History and Memorial Preparation Guide. Download My Family History here