Why Give Online?
Thank you for giving towards the ministry of Willingdon Church!
We encourage our members and attendees to use online methods of giving. Online giving reduces processing time, improves record-keeping efficiency and enhances the privacy of your donations.
New Giving Using Tithely
Willingdon has added another online method for you to securely give on our website and the Willingdon App. We are offering Tithe.ly, an online giving platform where you may set up an account to securely enter your credit card information. This allows you to make a donation by credit card right now, or to set up ongoing gifts at regular intervals scheduled at your convenience.
Please note that credit card transactions have fees attached to their use. Therefore on top of your gift amount, Tithe.ly will add a small transaction fee of about 2-3%, depending on the credit card issuer. Since there is a transaction fee deducted for using this method, your net gift amount received by Willingdon is the eligible gift amount to be receipted for income tax purposes. Thank you for understanding Willingdon’s desire to be economical with resources.
Note: please include your envelope number in the Giving ID box to help our team match your online gift to your giving record for tax purposes. An accurate email is also important for us to contact you. If you don't have an offering number or forgot your current number please contact the church at 604-435-5544 or email.
You can also designate an additional donation to the benevolent fund by selecting "benevolent" as the designated fund in the dropdown menu.
Give Through Your Bank
You can make donations using online banking through your financial institution’s website. Before you begin, you will need your envelope number. If you do not have one, please contact Alma Blanco (604-435-5544 x.1029 or email) to request a number.
- Log in to your financial institution’s bill payment section
- Search for “Willingdon Church”
- Add it to your regular list of payees and use your envelope number as your account number (place “0”s in front of the number to fulfill the 5 digit requirement)
Presently, only general fund donations may be made with this method. General fund donations support all church ministries, missions agencies and missionaries approved by the elders.
You do not need to complete an offering envelope for this giving method.
The following financial institutions have agreed to provide this service at no charge to Willingdon Church: BMO, CIBC, President’s Choice, Canadian Western Bank, HSBC, Laurentian, Manulife Ban, National, Tangerine, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank, RBC, Vancity and all BC credit unions members.
Contact our Accountant, Ken Reeve
Other Giving Options
Telephone Banking and ABM/ATM
The requirements for this method are similar to online banking (see above). You will need your envelope number to set this up. Only general fund donations can be made with this method.
Cheque (by mail)
Please mail your cheque offering to 4812 Willingdon Avenue. Burnaby BC. V5G3H6.
Please prepare your cheque donation by
- writing your envelope number (if you have one currently assigned) on the memo line of your cheque.
- if possible filling out an offering envelope with your first and last name, phone number, (offering number if applicable) and the total amount of your donation. If you do not have an envelope please make sure the above information appears somewhere on your cheque.
- place your cheque inside a regular mailing envelope.
Cash (drop off)
We do not recommend mailing cash. If you wish to donate cash you will be able to drop off your donation at the church Monday-Friday 9-5 by calling ahead to the church office. Please prepare your cash donation by
- filling out an offering envelope with your first and last name, phone number, (offering number if applicable) and the total amount of your donation or;
- on a piece of paper inside a regular mailing envelope with your first and last name, phone number, (offering number if applicable) and total amount.
Ongoing Designated Giving
For designated giving to a specific missionary or ministry, as well as general fund donations, please use the following giving methods:
Mail your post-dated cheques with envelope number to the accounting department at Willingdon Church. Please indicate to which ongoing ministry fund you are designating your giving.
Set up automatic monthly withdrawals from your bank account. This method is ideal for ongoing missionary or project support. Please email Alma for details on how to sign up for this method of giving.