11:45 Connection Service
At Willingdon Church we are committed to helping people know Jesus! We want to see devoted followers of Him grow and flourish in our community.
Unfortunately one people group that tends to fall away from our church community is Young Adults. Life transition is hard and Young Adults are in a steady state of transition between: going to college, finding a new career, moving out, getting married, and having kids. Those are huge changes!
We want to make sure that we are helping Young Adults in their faith journey as they navigate these changes. We long to see Young Adults to find their true calling, which is to know Jesus and live for Him in all of life!
Our desire at Willingdon is for Young Adults to find community, belonging, and a passion for Jesus. To live this out we are doing something EXCITING! We are going to see the 11:45am Connection Service become the main gathering for Young Adults. This will include:
- Community: Developing Community before and after the service by forming a super-friendly Welcome Team.
- Hospitality: Serving fresh ground coffee at a coffee counter in the Connection.
- Meals and Events: Getting together frequently for meals and social gatherings following the service.
- Serving: Offering opportunities for you to serve and use your gifts in our service.
- Preaching: Regular live preaching from the Young Adult Pastor.
We will officially launch in the Fall of 2018, but are beginning to build a team and make changes right now! WE NEED HELP! Anyone (of any age!) is welcome to join us as we see a Young Adult community formed around the 11:45am gathering.
Want to be involved? Here’s how:
- Join our prayer team! God does things that we can’t do.Sign up to receive monthly updates and prayer requests and make a commitment to pray for us in the season ahead!
- If we do begin to see more and more Young Adults become a part of this service we would love help with being a welcoming community. Could you host a lunch after the service? Would you be interested in helping to disciple young adults? Want to welcome Young Adults into our community? We can make a big difference in their lives by being loving, kind, and demonstrating hospitality.
- All ages are welcome to join this service! Commit to making this your home service. Or if you have friends, kids, or grandkids, that you feel this service will reach, let us know and we can help get them connected!
Our vision is for a service where YA gather that anyone can join! To pray, invest, or get connected: