Baptism & Membership
Membership at Willingdon Church is open to all who have placed their trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord, and who are in agreement with the basic doctrines and goals of the Church.
There are two ways in which you may join the church:
By Baptism (Immersion)
Any adult who confesses faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord and gives evidence of the new birth through his/her conduct may apply for baptism and membership.
By Confession of Faith
Any adult who confesses faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord and who is able to give evidence of his/her baptism, may apply for membership by confession of faith.
Process for Baptism & Membership
Completed the ‘Discovering Jesus’ and/or the ‘Discovering the Church Family’ class
- Baptism: Discovering Jesus, Church Family
- Confession of Faith: Church Family
- Complete the Application for Baptism & Membership and submit it to the church office.
- Application forms will be given toward the end of the Discovery class.
- Write a testimony. If the membership candidate is being baptized, a written testimony must accompany the Membership Application Form.
Meeting with the Pastors/Leaders
- Attend the Pastors/Leaders Interview. You will meet with the Pastors/Leaders and share your testimony with them.
- Record a Baptism Testimony video-tape. It usually takes place after the Pastors/Leaders Interview.
- Attend Baptism / New Member Joining Service.
For more information, email Discipleship Ministry