What is Boundaries?
Many sincere, dedicated believers struggle with tremendous confusion about if it is biblically appropriate to set limits. Attempting to serve the Lord and die to self as Jesus modeled, Christians try hard, are nice, and help others out- but their unproductive energy, fearful niceness, and responsibility point to the core problem: they suffer from severe difficulties in taking ownership of their own lives.
When confronted about their lack of boundaries, these people raise good questions:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
- Aren't boundaries selfish?
- Is it difficult for me to hear no from other people?
- Do I tend to want to control other people when I don't get what I want?
For individual study, check out the Boundaries Free Video Resources (we do not currently offer group sessions).
Also, you can borrow Boundaries Study Materials from our church library located in the Resource Center in the main lobby.
Library Hours: Saturday 6:15 pm-7 pm and Sunday 8:15 am-1:15 pm
For more information about Boundaries, contact Adult Ministries 604-435-5544