Children's Ministries Director (Ages 6-10)
Children’s Ministries Director (Ages 6-10)
Willingdon is a community church, international in attendance, biblical in its message, uplifting in its worship, focused in its commitment to prayer, warm-hearted in its touch, and committed in its service to all ages from all walks of life. We are a multi-generational family of believers with over 4000 adults, children, and youth who gather together to worship on weekends. We translate our services into 9 different languages, reflecting the cultural diversity of Greater Vancouver.
We are passionate about being on mission with Jesus, both locally and globally and are committed to “knowing Jesus Christ personally and carrying on His ministry”.
Willingdon Church is looking for an energetic, creative Director of Grade School Ministries with a heart for teaching the word of God to children and their families in an engaging and inspiring way. As part of the Children’s Ministry team, they will work under the direction of the Children’s Ministry Team Leader.
About the Role
- Develops and delivers all aspects of the HQ program for children in grades 2-5
- Leads and supervises all Small Group leaders, volunteers and Kids Krew in the HQ program
- Oversees, writes, and develops curriculum and family devotionals
- Responsible for the resources, supplies and rooms, ensuring a safe, clean, kid-friendly environment conducive to learning and growth in faith.
- Ensures the integrity of our safety protocols for minors, including overseeing security clearances and criminal record checks
- Responsible for accurate check-in and registration data of children and volunteers at all events and programs
- Recruits, trains and develops volunteers
- Build ministry relationship with current parents, guardians, volunteers and children in HQ and seeks out new families to connect them to the ministries of Willingdon Church
- Helps Team Leader plan and execute special events in Kids Min, including Daycamp, Under the Big Top, Family Christmas Breakfast, and others.
- Stays current on Children’s Ministry best practices and changes in the wider church globally
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or education
- Children’s ministry leadership experience
- Pastoral care skills and experience working with children
- Experience in ministry program development and hands-on implementation
- Demonstrated financial responsibility with budgeting and management of resources
- Have a clear call to ministry to families and children
- High standard of excellence in teaching the Gospel
Please forward your cover letter and résumé to our Human Resources Department by clicking the button below.