Willingdon Church is seeking a Senior Accountant to manage the financial functions of the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Accountant helps to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing accounting reports and financial analysis to administer finances in support of the ministries and mission of the church.
This position optimizes finance operations by developing, organizing and maintaining accounting systems and ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. Responsibilities include implementing building and managing a successful finance team, cash management procedures, AR/AP, processing electronic payroll and tax requirements, generating associated reports, coordinating internal and external audits, and ensuring compliance with government requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position is a team player and a manager who can build and oversee a team of staff and lay leaders. They are eager to develop their skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is a great role for a well-rounded accounting professional who enjoys variety and wants to develop their career within a Christian organization. If you are passionate about growing the Kingdom and feel called to this ministry opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
- CPA Designation or working towards designation with a post-secondary degree in commerce or business administration
- Minimum 5 years of professional accounting
- Not for profit or church financial accounting experience an asset
- System savvy in Microsoft Office Suite and finance software applications (Sage 300, Ceridian etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines producing timely, accurate financial reports
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
Please forward your cover letter and résumé to our Human Resources Department by clicking the button below.