Let’s spend the day together, simply serving our city. We want to be a church family that loves our city well, serving where there is need. This is a simple act of obedience and worship. Loving our neighbors is one of the clear invitations and commandments that Jesus gives His followers. This day is designed to give you and your family an opportunity to live out Jesus’ teaching, along with others from our church family.
In Matthew 22, Jesus is asked by some religious leaders, “What is the greatest commandment?” His response: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
On April 6, let's spend the day loving our neighbors intentionally.
Serving Opportunities on April 6th
Blessing Our Neighbors – Let's love the people who are right around us.
Serving options: Cleaning windows, visiting, prayer walking, writing encouragement cards for first responders, etc.
Stewardship - Let's care for the environment God created for our enjoyment and sustenance
Serving options: neighbourhood garbage clean up, etc.
Serving People with Significant Need - Let's serve people who are vulnerable to physical or emotional harm.
Serving options: serving refugees, those living in poverty, safe house, etc.
Thank you in advance for serving for the day.
A Few Details:
- We encourage you to Invite a friend to serve with you. In the sign-up form, you'll be able to indicate friends you want to serve with.
- We’ll place you on a team and the team captain will contact you.
- There is a registration fee for adults, to help cover the costs for the event ($10 per adult)
- Bring lunches and water bottles
- Note: some projects will require you to have vehicle get to the project location. (your team leader will let know if that is the case in your team email)
Friday April 5
7PM-9PM Worship and Prayer Night.
This is optional, but it will be a wonderful time of preparing our hearts to serve others. We encourage you to come.
Saturday April 6
8:30-9 Arrive at Willingdon Church
9am-10am Worship, Prayer, Inspiration
10am-2pm Serving in the Community
2pm-3:30pm Debrief at Willingdon - a time of Processing and Celebration