April 2 - May 14
Wondering whether your dating relationship should move toward marriage? Or are you already engaged to be married?
As couples make the decision to get married, their focus quickly moves toward the excitment of preparing for their special Wedding Day. But at Willingdon Church, we've seen the necessity to help couples get ready for more than a special day, so we have developed our Marriage Preparation Course. It is our conviction that we need to help couples prepare well for what their wedding day is all about-a life-long commitment to a godly and healthy marriage. As such our Marriage Peparation Course has been developed for couples who are seriously dating or engaged by providing them with biblical and practical teaching on marriage (class), marriage mentorship (you will be assigned a mentor couple), and time to go over couple specific issues based on the PREPARE Inventory
Marriage: My Expectations
Communication & Conflict Resolution
Sex & Children
Growing Toward Spiritual Oneness
Our next course is set for this Spring for 6 weeks from April 2 to May 14 on Sunday mornings at 8-10am (no class on Easter). The first step to begin the process in applying for the Marriage Preparation Course is to email Pastor Isaac to make an appointment for an interview between January 1 and February 28. Due to the limited space, we advise that you contact Pastor Isaac as soon as possible after January 1. Registration deadline is February 28. Preference will be given to those who regularly attend Willingdon Church.
Session Date: April 2 - May 14 (Registration Deadline: February 28)
Cost: $ 175 per couple (includes breakfast)
Class Time: Sundays, 8:00am - 10:00am
To register, contact:
Pastor Isaac Lee 604-435-5544 (x. 1019)
►if you would like information to hold your wedding and/or reception at Willingdon Church, please contact Tracy at 604-435-5544 (x. 1070) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps of Marriage Preparation Course:
1. Make an appointment with Pastor Isaac Lee at least 2 weeks prior to the registration deadline. If either person has been previously married, this appointment should take place at least 4 weeks prior to the registration deadline.
2. If either person has been previously married, you must meet with the Re-Marriage Elder Committee prior to final approval for the course. This meeting will be arranged by Pastor Isaac. For information on our divorce and remarriage policy, please pick-up a Divorce and Remarriage pamphlet at the Resource Center.
3. Complete the two inventories provided and return them to the Church Office or Resource Center with your registration fee. Must be completed at least two weeks before the start date.
4. Attend the six class sessios. Each session includes classroom discussion, breakfast and personal interaction with a mentoring couple.
5. Meet with Pastor Isaac for 1-2 follow up session, after the 6-week class sessions are completed.
Note: Due to the importance of all that tshould be considered and weighed, this course should not be hurried. Therefore, we strongly recommend all couples to hold off setting dates and sending out invitations in order to give themselves enough time and space to adequately process what they've learned through the Marriage Preparation Course.