Interpreting Scripture Today
- Identify and describe the main historical, literary and theological elements of the Old and New Testaments.
- Effectively interpret each of the various sections of the Bible.
- Articulate and critique various contemporary hermeneutical methods, and apply such methods and tools.
- Describe the history and relevance of the original manuscripts of the Bible.
- Describe how Mennonite Brethren interpretations of scripture are applied in the current Canadian context.
Mark Wessner, Ph.D
President and Associate Professor of Biblical Studies for Leadership
The spark of Mark’s love for teaching the Bible was first lit in 1987, and he has taught in
church, school, and community settings in the decades since then. Some of Mark’s
teaching experiences include translating portions of the Dead Sea Scrolls, pastoral
ministry, leading tours to Israel, and launching two university religious studies programs.