Outreach with Community Partners
Willingdon partners with community partners in local outreach to equip people to love God, empowering them to go serve their community and make disciples.
Our mission as a church is to know Jesus personally and to carry on His ministry. Jesus’ life reflects God’s love for humanity and all creation. As followers of Jesus, we are called to be ambassadors of His love in our family, neighborhood, workplace, church, city, and beyond. Jesus’ heart broke for the hurting, the poor, the outcast, and the vulnerable. In carrying on his ministry in Burnaby and beyond, we have joined hands with several local non-profits doing amazing work in our city. Please never underestimate how precious your presence is in your family, neighborhood, church, and city as you show God’s love.
- That our love for God and others will increase
- That whatever hinders us from being obedient, led by Holy Spirit, and eager to point people toward Jesus will be removed.
- That we will reflect the radical love and generosity of Jesus.
- That we will be people who truly want to be a blessing to our city and nation.
Here are a few of our key local partners:
Journey Home Community
Ways to engage:
- Make a community meal (Tuesdays)
- Provide childcare
- Join a moving crew
- Join a Community of Welcome Team to support a new arrived Refugee family.
Contact: Brad Kinnie email@example.com
BCIT Campus Ministry (UCM)
BCIT Campus ministry exists to build a Christian community that will enhance our relationship with God, care for and encourage fellow believers, and share our experience of Jesus Christ with those around us.
Ways to engage:
- Join a monthly prayer walk led by UCM leaders (one Sunday per month, leaving from Willingdon Church)
- Volunteer to mentor Christian students on campus.
Contact: Brad Bates firstname.lastname@example.org
Taskforce to End Homelessness
Ways to Engage:
- Volunteers needed to help on Thursday mornings
Contact Carol Ann Flanigan email@example.com
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”