Pride. It lives deep within us. It’s a sticky tar that clings to our soul and seeps deep into every crevice of our being. But we might not even know it. God has much to say about pride, and about its counterpart, humility. He invites us to come to Him by humbly submitting our whole life to Him. How does pride lead us into ruin? How can we find hope and restoration through Jesus?
- Pride puts us before God
- Humility puts God before us
- Jesus puts us before Himself
- We can put others before ourselves
Questions for Reflection:
- How have you allowed pride to rule your heart?
- How do you need to repent of pride and trust humbly in Jesus?
- How has the gospel transformed you thus far? How can you give thanks to God today?
- Are there relationships you can mend that have been hurt by a proud spirit?