Developing Small Teams Always Ready to Serve (STaRTS)
Interested in participating in a short-term mission trip with Willingdon Church?
Step One: complete the STaRTS course.
This course has grown out of a desire to develop a growing team of short-term workers that will be equipped to enter a cross-cultural arena and effectively provide support to ongoing ministry projects or teams. The purpose of this course is to provide foundational training to believers who desire to be involved in short-term ministry projects.
We have learned a great deal from missionary leaders around the world who have talked of their experiences with short-term teams. While there have been some awesome ministry experiences, there have also been some disappointing ones. Teams have come unprepared, with more of a tourist agenda than a ministry agenda.
When we asked what would make short-term ministry more effective, a number of mission leaders said:
- Small teams
- Prepared teams
- Skilled teams
Our prayer is that the course will be part of the process that will develop small teams always ready to serve (STaRTS).
- What is missions
- What is short-term ministry
- Why should you participate in a short-term ministry project
- Defining the gospel
- Packaging the gospel
- What kind of servant are you
- Crossing cultural lines
- Raising the necessary funds
- Building a prayer support team
- How to pray for a short-term ministy team
- International travel tips
- What makes a good team
- Dealing with team conflict
- Coming to terms with home
- Evaluating the short-term ministry trip
Projects & Grading
The completion of this course wil be required before participating in a Willingdon Short-Term Ministry Project. In addition to the attendance requirement, successful completion of the course must include at least a 60% grade on each of the projects and assignments.
How to Register
You must pre-register before the class begins. Payment of fees must accompany your registration form to secure a space. Early registration is encouraged since there is limited space. Priority is given to attendees and members of Willingdon Church.
- Watch for details for the next available class.
- Once class dates have been published, submit completed registration form along with full payment - this can be done through the Resource Center, church office or REGISTER ONLINE NOW.
- Confirmation emails will be sent out before the class starts. Contact us if you do not receive one.