Volunteer with Student Ministries
We're excited that you're interested in serving with Student Ministries! We are always looking for people who love Jesus and want to hang out with our awesome students. As a Student Ministries leader you'll be building relationships with students and helping them to grow in their love and knowledge of Jesus.
There are a few different roles that you could fill, so pick up an application package for our position descriptions and expectations for our volunteers.
What's involved in applying?
Because we are in the business of ministering to young people, the application and screening process for becoming a volunteer with us is a bit more involved than some of the other ministries in the church. We hope that you will be excited to partner with us in this process which helps us to ensure the safety and well-being of our students!
- You need to have been in attendance at Willingdon Church for at least 6 months, and be able to provide the names of people here who you are known to.
- You need to be a member of Willingdon Church or begin the process of membership within 6 months of starting to serve.
- You'll need to fill out an application form, answering questions about your personal, work, and spritual history.
- You'll need to provide three references for us to contact.
- You'll need to meet with the ministry pastor for an interview.
- You'll need to complete a criminal record check.
- You'll need to attend a 2-hour training meeting.
Application packages can be downloaded from the sidebar. Once you've read the contents and completed the paperwork, please hand it in to the Sugar Shack on the weekend, or to the church office, attention Lauren Opelka.
If you have questions about volunteering with Student Ministries, please contact Lauren at email@example.com.