Your Privacy is important to us. We are committed to respecting the privacy of member and participant personal information that is collected and maintained in the course of carrying out ministry activities in compliance with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). This policy covers all information entered on Willingdon.org. Please check back occasionally as this policy may be updated periodically with minor changes. To contact us regarding any questions, please contact us at the email and address below.
Oct 5, 2021
The Willingdon.org Website
Willingdon.org does not require registration and login but the following information may be collected from our website:
- As is common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as a visitor’s IP address, browser type, language preference and referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
- Willingdon Church’s purpose in collecting this information is to identify and analyze how Willingdon.org visitors use the website and to understand our visitors. On occasion, we may release non-personalized information in aggregate (eg. published in our annual report to state trends in our website usage).
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information through Willingdon.org.
- Some visitors to Willingdon.org may choose to interact with Willingdon Church where Willingdon Church will require additional information from a visitor. For example, a visitor may choose to sign up for a group in willingdon.churchcenter.com, give through tithe.ly or fill in a form through jotform.
- In those cases, they may be asked to provide additional information. In each case, Willingdon collects the information only insofar as is necessary and appropriate to fulfill the interaction with Willingdon Church.
- The amount and type of information that Willingdon Church gathers will depend on the nature of that interaction. More complete information on the handling of that information is outlined in the sections on Database Privacy below.
Protection of Personally-Identifying Information
Willingdon Church discloses potentially personal identifying and personalized identifying information only to its employees and contractors that:
- Need to know the information to process it on behalf of Willingdon Church or provide services available at Willingdon Church websites and
- That have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of our employees and contractors may be located outside of Canada; by using Willingdon websites you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- We will not sell or rent potentially personally identifying information and personally-identifying information to anyone.
- Outside of the use of the information for ministry purposes, Willingdon Church will ONLY disclose this information if required:
- In response to court orders, other governmental requests or when receiving legal advice
- Or if Willingdon Church believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property of Willingdon Church or the life, health and personal security of individuals, third parties or the public at large.
Our Security Measures
To safeguard your personal information and protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data,
- We implement SSL security wherever personal information is input and we will not store local data on our machines related to credit card numbers or personal identification numbers.
- We implement technological safety measures like passwords, firewalls and encryption to protect sensitive information.
- Access to any data is only granted to those personnel, staff, and contractors that are either directly involved in using the required data or using it to improve our sites.
- These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
If you have other concerns