Young Adults Pastor
Young Adults Pastor
Willingdon is a community church, international in attendance, biblical in its message, uplifting in its worship, focused in its commitment to prayer, warm-hearted in its touch, and committed in its service to all ages from all walks of life.
We are a multi-generational family of believers with over 4000 adults, children, and youth who gather together to worship on weekends. Our young adults and church are passionate about being on mission with Jesus, both locally and globally and are committed to “knowing Jesus Christ personally and carrying on His ministry”.
Willingdon Church is looking for a Pastor for Young Adults, who will serve to grow, teach, train and champion Young Adults and Young Adult leaders.
About the Role
Primary Areas of Focus include:
- Establish a vibrant and nurturing community of Young Adults; facilitating discipleship, spiritual growth and commitment to Christ
- Create a ministry model, including alternative worship assemblies, environments and programs to meet the unique needs and calling of the 18 to 25 age group.
- Identify, recruit, develop and disciple a group of lay leaders and volunteers encouraging and enabling them in their areas of giftedness
- Provide biblical preaching, teaching and training initiatives that will meet the specific needs of and issues facing Young Adults
- Provide pastoral care and counsel as needed to Young Adults.
- Work with other ministry departments to encourage the transition and integration of individuals into the Young Adults ministry and the integration into the wider church body.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in theology or biblical studies (Bachelor’s degree minimum)
- Minimum of 5 years of pastoral ministry experience
- Experience leading a young adults ministry
- Experience in ministry program development and hands-on implementation
- Ability to teach and lead classes
- Ability to recruit, mentor, train, equip and shepherd leader
Please forward your cover letter and résumé to our Human Resources Department by clicking the button below.