May 27 - 28
As part of our AMPLIFY series, we are looking at the 5Es - ways to actively get involved in ministry. We will be called to reflect on the idea of being empowered to serve and to give of ourselves. As an immediate and practical application of this idea, we want to come together as a church family to bless our community by supporting the Greater Vancouver Food Bank!
The food bank is doing good work in our communities, striving to ensure that all people have access to healthy food where they live, and that they can access it in a dignified manner.
Please refer to this list put out by the food bank (also available below), when selecting which items to donate. Please, no expired items!
You can bring your non-perishable food items for donation during the services on May 27 & 28. We will have a 1-ton truck available to take all of our collected items to the food bank. We hope to be able to donate a "ton" of food!
TOP 10 MOST WANTED ITEMS:
- Canned fish: tuna or salmon
- Canned meat: chicken or turkey
- Canned beans: black, chickpea and kidney
- Hearty meals: soups, stews and chili
- Nut butters: 100% natural almond, cashew and peanut
- Pasta: brown or white
- Rice: brown or white
- Canned vegetables: beans, corn, peas and tomatoes
- Canned fruit: packed in its own juice or water
- Breakfast cereals: whole grain