Why Short Term Mission?
To see God’s Kingdom advanced. We desire to invest the skills, spiritual gifts and resources of our church family in giving assistance to missionaries and ministries that are expanding God’s Kingdom in different parts of the world. Our desire is to see people decide to make Jesus Lord of their life, and to see churches established that are led by godly, growing leaders.
It’s a discipleship opportunity. As you get a glimpse of missions, missionary life, God’s love for all nations, and as you rub shoulders with other believers on your team, the Lord will shape you. As you step out in faith and obedience, the Lord will guide and direct you, sometimes into new realms of life and ministry, and sometimes into a deeper walk of faith right where you are.
Use your gifts and skills!
The Willingdon Church family has numerous opportunities to engage in short-term mission. Each year as a church, we send out short-term mission teams to encourage and serve alongside our missionaries around the world. We have a docket of short-term mission opportunities on the horizon. Click here for more information.
Also, each year, people from the Willingdon Church family are led by the Lord to participate in short-term mission assignments with a variety of Christian mission agencies. If this is you, Willingdon Church would like to stand with you in prayer, and possibly even finances. Click here for more information on our Short-Term Mission Bursary Program.
How do we decide what short-term mission teams to send? Here are a few questions we always ask:
- Have we been invited by people in the host country?
- Does this assignment work directly with one of Willingdon’s missionaries or with one of the mission agencies we partner with?
- Will our presence have some sort of strategic impact for the advancement of the gospel in that community?
- Is there a long-term Christian presence that will follow-up with the people we make connections with?
- Do we have people with the skills necessary for this ministry?
If the answer is NO to any of these questions, we won’t send a team.
For a bunch more information, resources and current stories, check out our Global Ministries Facebook page.