July 11 & 12
Dear Nursery Parents,
Since our lives with new normal routines started, several months have passed; and now we are going into the summer! Whether it is the life of 2020 or the life in Biblical time, we always face changes and trials. As parents, we are responsible to guide our little ones to prepare their hearts, mind, and soul for those critical times. The Bible is filled with testimonies of God’s faithful servants’ lives. Our prayer for you is to keep on the journey of exploring God’s words and stories with your little followers. You will be amazed at how your daily/weekly training will bring God’s unspeakable blessings into your family!!
"He answered their prayers because they trusted in Him" 1 Chronicles 5:20
What You Need
1. A puppet or a friendly stuffy.
2. A friendly photo of a leader. (See the attached photo below.)
3. Your child/family's favourite songs ready to play.
We have embedded the links of some of our favourites right into the worship and prayer tab to make it easier for you to find :)
4. Shakers, rattles, or scarves to have fun with the music.
5. A Beginner’s Bible (Or any Children’s Bible): Read from 156-159 "Hannah's Prayer"
You could teach this story in a few sections throughout the week; pray about the wisdom to send a short and clear message, and mark the picture on P.153
6. Box of hand wipes or sanitizer & snack like cookies.
*The better you prepare, the more fun both you and your child will have. *The Bible Time could be 15-20 minutes. It could be shorter or longer. It is important that you know your child’s character and decide the length of time, the type of the songs….be flexible and have fun with him/her! May God bless you and your family as you follow His way
Choose a quiet place where there are few things to distract your child. Use a big smile and an exciting tone of voice. Let’s start!
Bible Time Lesson
1. With a puppet or a friendly stuffy, sing your child’s favourite song, such as “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” or/and “Wheels on the Bus”.
2. Tell your child (Proclaim) what God is like (God’s attribute).
Our God is like a leader. He is fair and kind. He watches over us and has an amazing plan to give us hope and a future.
3. Sing: “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands” (Sign Language) *You don’t need to use all these signs; you can pick and choose the signs which will be helpful and fun for you and your children. [Link to YouTube song]
*He's got the whole world in His hands: He's got the whole world in His hands x 3
1)He's got the itty bitty baby in His hands…..
2)He's got a-you and me brother in His hands……
3)He's got a-you and me sister in His hands…….
Prayer: “Dear Jesus, thank you that you are a wise and loving leader; Prepare our hearts to listen and obey your words. Thank you for the cookies, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Snack and Story
1. Wipe hands and give them a cookie.
2. Tell today’s story, showing the picture from P.159 “Hannah’s Prayer” from your child’s Beginner’s Bible or/and show the video below.
[link to YouTube video of Hannah's Prayer]
Worship and Prayer
1. Give them shakers/scarves. Turn on the music and have fun! You can stand up and dance too! (Approximately 5-10 minutes. You can start with a short time; it depends on how long your child enjoys, you can adjust the length for the next time.)
2. Sing any “Prayer song”. Ex. “Fold, fold, fold, your hands, fold your hands to pray. Close your eyes and bow your head it’s time to talk to God” (Sing to the tune of “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”). Give thanks to God for the Bible time together.
“Dear God, thank you for the story of Hannah and how you answered her prayer. We sometimes have to be patient to wait for your answer; and sometimes your answer is not what we wanted. But no matter what, may we trust that you care about us and hear our prayers. And let us never forget that you always have the best answer and plan for us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
July 11 & 12
At WillingdonKids, our goal is for kids and their families to know Jesus Christ personally and to carry on His ministry. We believe that parents and families are the primary spiritual care givers. To this end, our hope is to come alongside you to raise children who:
- KNOW Jesus as Saviour and Lord
- GROW daily in the knowledge and love of God, by the power of the Holy Spirit
- GO into and throughout the world, boldly and obediently proclaiming who He is and what He’s done.
By providing sound teaching rooted in God’s Word and strengthening their trust in the authority of the Bible in their daily lives, our hope is to equip and support families in their God-given roles.